The Alcott Center is a charitable not for profit organization that depends on the generous contributions of individuals like yourself. Whether you make a monetary contribution, in-kind donation or volunteer your time, our clients are directly impacted as 90% of our revenues go to program and residential expenses.
Monetary contributions, in-kind donations and volunteer services are the life blood of a nonprofit organization. Please consider making a contribution to the Alcott Center, your help will make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
The Alcott Center welcomes your cash contributions which supports our mission to empower the mentally ill to lead happy, productive and meaningful lives. All donations, both large and small, directly impact our efforts to make a difference in someone's life by providing our clients with a safe place to live and grow.
Since our founding in 1979, the Alcott Center has depended on the generosity of the community and local businesses to contribute products and personal property to our clients and program services. In-kind contributions have provided our clients with the extras they cannot afford while enabling the Alcott Center to contain operating costs.
We especially need:
• Hair products (combs, brushes, hair dryers, shampoo, cream rinse, gel or hair spray)
• Grooming products (body lotion, deodorant, toothbrushes, razors, make-up)
• Clothing (socks, t-shirts, sweaters, shirts and slacks for men and women in all sizes but particularly larger sizes)
• Art supplies (various art papers, watercolors, pastels)
• Writing supplies (bound blank journals, specialty writing paper)
• Gift certificates or tickets to movies, plays, sports events
• Furniture (living room, dining room and bed room furniture)
• Household items (dishes, glasses, flatware, pots and pans)
• Appliances (refrigerators, stoves, portable dishwashers, microwave ovens)
• Electronic equipment (TVs, VCRs, stereos/CD players)
• Computers (Pentium II or better)
Please contact Peter Charmaraman at (310) 785-2121 extension 218 if you wish to help the Alcott Center with cash or in-kind donations.
Estate Planning/Planned Giving
Cash is not the only way you can make a contribution to the Alcott Center. As you make your tax and estate plans, both now and in the future, consider making a donation of stocks or property, or including the Alcott Center in your will or planned gift. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, your contribution can provide you with needed tax benefits while making a difference in someone's life.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF THE ALCOTT CENTER